Direct My Heart - An Image

Today's first reading reminded me of an image I received in prayer last year.  It struck me so profoundly that I decided to draw it, and it remains visible in my room as a reminder for how close Jesus longs to be to our hearts.  Also, happy feast day of St. Padre Pio, who bore the wounds of Christ as a reminder of his incredible love! 



Like a stream is the king’s heart in the hand of the LORD;
wherever it pleases him, he directs it.


(Proverbs 21:1)

"'Channeled water' . . . is water that fertilizes arid land.  It takes great skill to direct water, whether it be water to fertilize fields or cosmic floods harnessed at creation, for water is powerful and seems to have a mind of its own.  It also requires great skill to direct the heart of a king, for it is inscrutable and beyond ordinary human control." (NABRE Bible commentary)

Father, you know how my own heart has a mind of its own.  Though it is meant only for You, it roams toward other lovers and is broken in loneliness.  In Your infinite skill, direct my heart to Your power and glory, that I may truly receive your love and remain in Your wounded hands.

St. Padre Pio, pray for us!

Comments